I was feeling super organised on the weekend and wanted to get some food prepared for the week ahead. I tend to get a little lazy when it comes to proper meals. Living by myself means I eat to my own timetable. Sometimes that means grazing all day, sometimes it means eating dinner at 9.30pm. But this summer I resolve to be more conscious of my diet (and because hello? I need to make way for champagne calories coming into summer! ;-p).
I’ve been a fan of the chia seed pudding for ages. It is, delicious, good for you and full of protein! I decided to play with my usual recipe and blend some frozen fruit into the milk mixture. Mind blown! It was so delicious. I had to force myself to wait for breakfast this morning to eat one, and now I’m counting down to tomorrow morning so I can have another!
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 3.5 cups coconut and almond milk (I like to use half and half because it’s a bit kinder on the waist line. I mix them together and then freeze whatever is left for next time).
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (you could also use maple syrup, or honey. I chose agave as I wanted a vegan recipe and because it is low GI).
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
- 1.5 cups frozen mango
- 1 fresh mango, diced
- 4 passionfruit
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
What to do!
- Blend the milks, frozen mango, protein powder and sweetener.
- Add the chia seeds and divide into 5 containers.
- Refrigerate until set (around 4 hours)
- Meanwhile, cut up the mango and passionfruit, and toast the coconut at 180 until golden.
- Divide the fruit and coconut between the containers and put back in the fridge. There is breakfast for the week sorted.
You could also try using frozen berries and adding some cacao powder for a chocolatey version.